Spicy Bok Choy
spicy bok choy
Incredibly simple, yet wonderfully flavorful, this spicy baby bok choy recipe is a perfect side dish recipe. Seared in a mouthwatering, spicy sauce, it’s hard to believe this tasty dish is so low calorie.
- 4 medium sized heads of baby bok choy
- 1/2 cup peanut sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, and the garlic powder.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Slice bok choy, in half, lengthwise. Brush each cut half of the bok choy generously with the peanut sauce mixture.
- Place bok choy cut side down on the grill or in the skillet, and cook until it is seared, about 2-3 minutes. Flip over each piece, and brush the back side of the bok choy with the peanut sauce mixture.
- Place bok choy on a serving dish, and drizzle with remaining peanut sauce mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 bok choy halves
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 110 calories; 4.5g fat; 9g carbohydrates; 2g protein; 1g fiber